MYTILINEOS, in 2018, proceeded to the self-evaluation of its main suppliers, as defined by each TED, through field research with a structured questionnaire. This initiative was implemented in the context of the goal set by the Company until 2025 for the development of an overall responsible supply chain.
The reasons why this goal has been set are:
- Protection of the company's reputation, in the context of its continuous and responsible development, from conditions that may cause the implementation of irresponsible practices by its key partners and suppliers.
- The implementation of the corporate policy and the practical use of the Supplier Code of Conduct and thus better management of the supply chain.
- Contribution to Global Objective 12 for Responsible Consumption and Production
- Coverage of a legal reporting requirement for Non-Financial Data (Law 4403/2016)
- Coverage of OECD Principles, GRI STANDARDS and Global Compact (CoP).
- Strengthening ESG Ratings.
- Coverage of business needs of the company's TEDs.