Eurobank, in collaboration with WWF Hellas, designed and created WWF Eurobank Visa, the first "Green" Banking Product in Greece. WWF Eurobank Visa finances the important work of WFF Hellas, one of the leading international ecological organizations with an active presence in our country for the past 27 years, and it contributes actively to the efforts to protect the environment and nature.
WWF Eurobank Visa allows its holder to financially support WWF Hellas in order to continue its independent work. WWF Eurobank Visa has all the privileges of a Eurobank Visa card but has additional features that contribute to WWF's ecological work. Without any charge to the card holder, Eurobank attributes:
- 0.07% of the total transaction
- € 3 for every new issue of a WWF VISA
- € 8.80 for every new card issue if the holder is WWF Hellas supporter
- € 1.50 for every WWF VISA renewal
The WWF Eurobank Visa holders are rewarded for their daily purchases through the largest card rewards program of the Greek market, €pistrofi. Whenever the holder of WWF Eurobank Visa makes a purchase from any of the 8,000 retailers from all sectors, it collects Euro that can be redeemed in the following purchases by paying less or not at all!
In addition, Eurobank, in the context of the implementation of the strict environmental standards of its Environmental Policy, monitors the environmental aspects of its products throughout their lifecycle. In this context, it applies a credit card recycling program, which includes WWF Eurobank Visa, according to which credit cards that have expired or canceled and returned to Eurobank are recycled in cooperation with recycling companies. The objective of Eurobank is to properly manage all expired or canceled credit cards returned by Eurobank customers. Furthermore, in order to reduce the postage of paper bank statements, Eurobank supports the use of the e-Statements online service for e-Banking users, thus contributing significantly to the reduction of paper use and to promote natural resources conservation.
WWF Eurobank Visa supports WWF Greece's strategic goals. The main pillars of the Program are the protection of our natural heritage, by actively contributing to the preservation of biodiversity, the promotion of a sustainable future, and the ongoing monitoring of the environmental dimension of the economic crisis. Specific objectives are:
- the protection of areas of significant ecological value (eg Dadia and Gyaros),
- the protection of endangered species and priority species by promoting the harmonious coexistence between humans and wildlife,
- improving the way of life with the adoption of environmentally responsible behaviors and practices by the Greek society,
- promoting a vibrant economy by transforming the main economic sectors and governance mechanisms into a more sustainable and responsible model,
- safeguarding the policies, laws and legislations that are crucial for a State of environmental justice.
In addition, through its programs, WWF directly contributes to the achievement of a significant number of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals, while ensuring that citizens are informed about these goals and their significance.