During this challenging period that we have faced and still facing to this day, it is crucial that we remain united, supporting our heroes of the day, our nation’s doctors and nursing staff.
For that reason, PALAPLAST declares present and involved in the common effort to meet the needs for medical equipment of G. Papanikolaou General Hospital of Thessaloniki and AHEPA University General Hospital of Thessaloniki.
With primary objective the intensive monitoring and treatment of the Covid-19 virus we undertake to provide an advanced, fully equipped Intensive Care Unit, comprised of a specialized electronic nursing bed, monitor of vital organs and a high-tech electronic respiratory station worth 80,000€.
In addition, Palaplast supports non-profit organizations affected by the pandemic, in collaboration with the Network of Social Solidarity and Assistance; we stood by the work of the Hellenic Children's Village, supporting the efforts of its people. We also support the Child's Smile, the Parents Association of Children with Neoplastic Disease Flame and the Accommodation Structure of Unaccompanied Minors Arsis.
Our people, one of our valuable assets and whose participation ensures the continued development and implementation of our vision. That is why we in Palaplast have invested in the health and safety of our employees and their families. We carefully planned in detail the safe work plan for these unprecedented situations caused by the pandemic and we implemented it from the very first days.
Regarding the safe work plan created by the executives of the company, always in relation to the competent authorities, we proceeded to the following actions:
• Purchasing protection equipment in large quantities to avoid future market shortages, such as disposable and fabric face masks, disposable gloves and antiseptic liquids / gels to be placed in any area of the factory.
• Continuous and detailed information of employees about current situations and measures and written instructions for compliance.
• Designing a special plan for the immediate management of a suspected case (quarantine of a suspected case, conducting a test to detect the coronavirus of the case and all employees who came in contact with and disinfecting the area by a specialized company) to continue functioning effectively all the factory sectors.
• Cooperating with large medical centers throughout Greece for the full financial coverage and provision of molecular and rapid tests to our employees. At the beginning of the new year, after the Christmas holidays, all Palaplast employees were tested in the company's courtyard by specialized staff of a large medical center, with 100% of the staff being negative for COVID-19.
• Cooperating with a cleaning company in order to apply disinfection against COVID-19 in all areas of the factory as well as daily disinfection of frequently used surfaces.
• Digitization of many tasks such as exclusive electronic transaction between customers and suppliers, electronic orders, participation in virtual industry exhibitions and e-meetings with partners. The training of the staff by specialized computer executives helped in the immediate acquaintance with the new technologies.
• Application of teleworking to a large percentage of employees in any departments where this was possible and provision of equipment where there was a need.
• Decongestion of employees in the company's premises and keeping distances with specially designed schedules and keeping shifts. As well as avoiding any overcrowding with the temporary ban on entering the break areas inside the premises.
• Granting special purpose permits and permits or telework as a matter of priority to those employees who belong to vulnerable groups and had to remain at home throughout the emergency.
• Issuance of coupons to all employees to be used in a large supermarket chain.
Palaplast has and will always strive for social solidarity even more so now that not only nationally but internationally we are dealing with a crisis. Having as main concern to protect ourselves and each other we must stand united to secure a better future for all.